The Wolfs Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Wolfs Den

A Place to Roleplay

Welcome to The Wolfs Den, a place where people can Role-play freely

The Role-Play Untaimed lands Has started Please feel free to join and create with us.

The last Stand Role-play sign ups are now avalible

The Sign ups are now available for The Fight For Survival

The Sign ups for superhero/supervillans is now open
Latest topics
» Untaimed lands
Untaimed lands EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:59 pm by Beckywolf

» hey all untamed lands sign ups
Untaimed lands EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 pm by matt.ingram86

» Got a Joke?
Untaimed lands EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:28 pm by matt.ingram86

» Let the war Begin
Untaimed lands EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:30 pm by Beckywolf

» Riddle me Crazy
Untaimed lands EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 11:21 am by Beckywolf

» The Checkered Feathers
Untaimed lands EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 am by Beckywolf

» Tips to create a Character
Untaimed lands EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:59 am by Beckywolf

» Tips on How to post in a Role-play
Untaimed lands EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:36 am by Beckywolf

» How to create a Role Play...
Untaimed lands EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:15 am by Beckywolf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Untaimed lands

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Untaimed lands Empty Untaimed lands Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:39 am

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

[color=#FFFF00]

A small town on the end of a river mouth its wooden houses and straw roofs and docks with supply boats and merchants as a short man sleepily walks up the stairs to the front of an inn to collect a bucket of water from the barrel he sees some of the town awake he waves at the passing by farmer who hands him a 3 dozen eggs and a pale of milk and a 4 sack of flour he hands the farmer 4 gold coins and the farmer nods as he walks away
Charles lifts the pale of milk and the bucket of water and hurried inside while almost tripping over a rat trap to place the water and milk on the kitchen bench he waddles back out and lifts the sack of flour and the dozen eggs and kicking the rat trap aside as he places the eggs on the bench and the flour next to the bench he then turns to grab a goblet of fire breath whiskey and takes a nip.
He walks over to the sink shuddering from the fire breath whiskey “that’s going to wake me up” he says as he washes his hands before pulling out a large bowl and turns to the goblet and takes another swig and shudders and burps “ now where did I put that salt and yeast “ he turns around when suddenly he sees a  large wooden container marked salt “ id be a fool gees I need an assistant sometimes “ he takes another swig out of the goblet and looks in it the goblet “gah its empty”
[/font">

Last edited by matt.ingram86 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:11 pm

CaptainHaddock

CaptainHaddock

An Argonian ambled steadily towards a town he could see in the distance. He had been traveling for quite a way and his supplies were almost all gone. It had taken him longer than he had expected to finally happen on another area where residents lived. Staring steadily ahead, he scrutinized it carefully as it fully came in to view. It looked roomy enough, lively enough - there would be plenty of supplies he could purchase here.
He sighed somewhat in relief. If it had been only a pathetic little village he would not have been able to buy food and anything else he needed and he wouldn't have been able to stay and rest, either. As it was he badly needed somewhere decent to stay for a little bit to fully recuperate after this part of his long journey and of course he needed food and drink to stock up on. He was out of everything - except for money. Because he had not found anywhere to stop before now he had left with all of his savings from his prior job and place of residence and still had every dime on him. So once he found the right place - he would definitely not be wanting.
But, of course, so as not to run out of his hard - earned money either, he was going to need a job. In fact he had two choices: He could one, stay and work for a bit and momentarily pause in his traveling like he usually did, or seeing as he had enough cash he could simply re - stock on EVERYthing and after just a few days rest set off again.
As he considered these things just as he entered, he decided that it would depend on three things: 1) How much he liked the village 2) Whether he felt comfortable with the kind of people residing within and 3) How easily he could find a job.

Being such a handyman as he was he felt that, especially in a place of reasonable size, that it would not be too difficult for him to find something suitable. However - some places, depending on the hostility or the amount of jobs available in any one given place often played big factors in things like this so he would see. He felt sure he would know soon enough.

Passing some of the houses he notes the little wooden dwellings and straw roofs with some interest. It was always interesting to see how each village or town he came across was styled and shaped as it was almost always different every single time...
He turned a corner and saw an Inn. "Thank God!" he looked upwards towards the heavens. He had just been a day without food - he could go without for much longer he knew but he was hungry nevertheless and would take food if it presented itself sooner - he wouldn't have lasted as long without food while traveling as well - such tiring effort and work needs fueling!
He approached the door quickly and peeked in. This would be a good place to sleep and recover for a couple of nights regardless of whether he chose to stay or not...perfect!

Spying a dwarf busy inside at the counter/bench/whatever you'd like to call it, Flyn stepped inside and slowly approached the counter. Walking right up to him, and coughed.
"Hello, good sir. Any chance you could get me a hard - earned meal and a good swig o' somethin' - ? I also need bedding for tonight, so if you have a room to rent available I'd be happy to take it."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006917806156&ref=

3Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity was sitting on a fallen log in the middle of a clearing in the middle of a forest. A hood pulled up, shadowing her face. Looking around Trinity sighed as her stomach rumbled, having no means to make a fire or cook a decent meal.
"I need to find something to eat soon Sahale" she said looking up into the trees, soon a big brown Falcon landed on the log beside her and cocked his head to look at her.
"I know there is a town near by and i am going to have to try my luck." Reaching her arm out towards the Falcon she waited for him to claw his way up to her shoulder before standing up and heading towards the other side of the clearing.

It took a while and several hundred stomach rumbles for her to get to the end of the forest where the small town was in view. Just before the last tree she stopped to make sure there was no one she reconsidered on the road leading in and out of the town. It took a few more stomach rumbles before she finally stepped out of the forest. coming up to the entrance of the town she asked a near by farmer where the closet tavern was. After he pointed the way she continued on, the falcon still perched on her shoulder.

As she came up to the Taken she looked around a few more times before going up to the door, pushing it open she went to sit in a secluded table at the furthest table from the door.

https://thewolfsden.rpg-board.net

4Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:35 am

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles looked up to see an Argonian standing at the counter he wipes his hands on his cloth that was on the table and walks out to the counter smiling his beard had flour all over it and but it made his grin more noticeable " Good day to you sir how can i be of serves we have rooms for rent and food that will fill ye belly and mead and ales that will please ye pallet if its a room ye want they start at 2 gold pieces a night and 3 gold if ye want breakfast in the morning ive also got double rooms for 4 gold 50 silver if ye have a guest and 6 gold with breakfast" he smiles as he takes out a book "also i have great deals for long stays as well but its been hard since i lost my last assistant in a bandit raid poor little elf got hit by a incoming bottle of fire whiskey but that is life i have also got firewood if you wish to have a fire done for you up in your room that will be an extra 50 silver a week" he notices the young lady walk in as well " ooh one moment madam if you wish for a drink ill be with you in a moment

5Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:09 pm

CaptainHaddock

CaptainHaddock

Flyn stood there listening as the cheery dwarf spoke to him, and when he mentioned breakfast his stomach began to grumble again - he looked up and glanced towards the doorway as the dwarf spoke momentarily to someone walking in. Giving them a quick nod, he turned back to the dwarf.
"Thankyou, and sorry for holding you up. I will be quick. I simply need a breakfast for right now - as I have already gone without food for one entire day and my stomach won't stop telling me about it. I won't be needing a double room thankyou" he smiled almost humorously "I am quite alone. A single one will do for now. I willbe requiring a breakfast every morning but as yet I'm uncertain of how long I am going to stay...is it alright if I just pay by the night for the moment, and I will let you know in a few days whether I plan on staying for longer - ? If I do I will be requiring a deal to stay for a decent amount of time. It all depends on whether I can get a job here, you see. I dohave enough money to continue traveling at the present - but supposing the right position comes up I may be convinced to stay. I am not too fussed either way for the moment I am still checking the area out."
Fetching his pouch from his belongings in readiness to pay for his breakfasts for this morning and tomorrow morning as well as tonights room he paused for a moment and slightly frowned and commented "..is this a fairly rough place, do you get bandit raids very often - ? It's a pity about you're assistant either way. How long ago did that happen - ? It must be extremely hard for you to run this place without one. Are you preparing meals and serving drinks all on your own - ? Also I may need a fire, what are the nights like - ? Does it get very cold or are the rooms and bedding warm enough do you think? Here is your money, does the drink come with breakfast or is that separate - ?"

6Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:40 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles looks over at the Argonian with a smile " very well then ive got a single room with a nice coasy bed and a bear skin blanket and deer hide pillows with mammoth wool stuffed inside the hides very warm and soft but the winds here can get quite cold here with the mountains behind but a fire will be good for you and i will put the fire in for free if you at lest stay a week" charles placed his hand under the counter producing a pint glass " would you like mead or ale ? the mead is my own brand made from juniper berries honey spring water and blue glum berries with a hint of mint and lemon but the ale is the special dwarven black beard brand dark ale or the crispy elf ear light ale as 50 silver a pint" he smiles and continues
" the breakfast is home made stone oven bread with fried tomato fried egg diced horker meat and frost horn mountain mushroom with a slice of eather elder cheese or goat cream cheese or ash yak cheese and your choice of eather fresh blue glum berry pie or black swamp berry tarts for only 1 gold 50 silver "

7Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:35 pm

CaptainHaddock

CaptainHaddock

"Well, that's too kind of you" said Flyn with a smile. "With an offer like that I don't think I can refuse. Here's the extra coinage for a weeks worth then, breakfast included." He tipped out a few more gold coins and handed them over.
"I must say, you make the mead sound very good I think I'm going to have to try it." The description of breakfast made him almost giddy with hunger. It sounded so good. And the foody smell that hung in the air made him even more eager for some breakfast. " Goat cream cheese sounds amazing and I'll have to have the black swamp berry tart. I feel like I could eat a horse right now."
A few more extra coins for the tart, and he sat down, extremely eager now for dinner. The drink was going to be good too he hadn't drunk anything but water for days and days.

8Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:02 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles smiles very good sir can I please get you to fill out this line here with your name and signature for the guess book sir I also request that you take a moment to read the terms and rules of the inn ( terms are conditions of The rusty hammer inn : no fighting no threats no abusing patriots weapon must be sheathed when entering the inn and the inn keeper has the right to refuse service )
Charles places the mead on the counter and smiles " ill bring out the breakfast if you wish to take a seat at one of the tables please " he smiles again as he takes the gold coins and places them in to a sack then places it on his waist band " if you will excuse me I need to tend to this other customer "
Charles walks over to the lady sitting on the chair in the corner " morning miss how can I be of service "

9Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity looks up at the dwarf, making sure her face was still hidden.
"I dont think you will be able to help. I just came in here seeking food then i remembered I have no coin." She said quietly. Trinity moved her arm in a way so that Sahale could claw his way onto the table between them, screeching as he went.
"Sorry about him, he gets pretty moody around strangers.

10Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:20 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles winks at the young lady "oh that is ok miss im sure you can repay me some other time" he looks at the bird and pulls out some grain at first noticing that the bird didn't like it he then pulls out of his apron a piece of venison off cut " well ill make ye a nice venison pie and a pint of mead hows dat sound" he smiles at her

11Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity watched as Sahale takes the peace of venison from his hand before looking over to him to get a better look at his face.
"That is really kind of you, but how ever will I repay you, I am only a simple woman with nothing to her name."
She looked around the small Tavern.
Looking over at the door where 3 large men of the kings guards came in and walked over to the bar.

"Hey Dwarf, ive got some questions for you to answer." One yelled rudely.
"First I want a free meal and ye best mead. Then I want ye to tell me if ye have seen this elf maid. She as golden blond air and is quite slender. She as stolen something of great importance to the king and needs to be found now!"

12Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:28 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles stared at the guards for a moment and realises that the head guard is lying but since he didn't want trouble with the guards he smiles "ill keep an eye out for her but I havnt seen any one matching that description, but still here is some fresh bread and a bottle of dwarven black beard dark ale and a wedge of elder cheese each but I must say that I can not allow you to stay in here at the moment cause as you are awere the kings guard are not allowed in the inn while on duty

13Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity looked up from where she was sitting, about to get up and make a head for the door, when the dwarf told them what he did. She watched as the dwarf gave each of them some ale and elder cheese before sending them on their way.

"She was last seen heading this direction. I need... I mean we need to find her of great haste, the king is offering a mighty reward for her capture. Remember to tell all that she is to be found."he passes Charles a bounty notice before grumbling as he walked out the door with his group.

14Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:44 pm

CaptainHaddock

CaptainHaddock

Flyn stood up hastily when the guards first walked in. Glancing briefly in the direction of the dwarf he wondered whether he ought to do something. For the moment - his grumbling stomach was forgotten. He hesitated though, he could not tell like the dwarf who was being honest and who were lying - but judging from the out-right rudeness of demanding free food and drink they seemed to be a pretty undesirable lot either way. He had a weapon, and he could fight, especially because he traveled for such long periods completely on his own, but he didn't want to fight inside a town or especially in someones Inn. He sat back down, but watched them from out of the corner of his eye. He admired the dwarf for remaining calm and willingly handing out the free food and drink even though he shouldn't have had to. He watched the guards retreat and wondered again about the violence of this area - told about an assistant being killed on his first morning, then guards barging in demanding things left right and center. It would most certainly be interesting to see how the next couple of days went in this new town, that's for sure.

15Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:11 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

as the guards left he saw the argonian expression and lowered his hand to imply that It is ok "rotten mongrels them lot ill be glad when they are gone, now were was I ooh yes he hurries back to the kitchen to open the oven as he pulls out 4 crusty loaves of bread placing them on a board and picked up 2 more loaves and placed on separated boards and a butter knife , a knob of butter, a piece of goat cream cheese and takes them out to the argonian and the young lady " madam can I speak with you in my kitchen please"

16Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity looked at the dwarf.
"Thank you for the meal, what ever way can i repay you?" she asked taking a piece of bread and buttered it. Just as she was to take a bite he asked
"madam can I speak with you in my kitchen please"
"For what reason?" she replied slightly suspicious.

17Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:26 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles whispers in her ear " ive got to talk to you I know who you are "
Charles walks back to the the bar and pours a pint of mead and placed it on the argonians table and whispers to him "thanks for not starting anything with them guard they are a rough bunch "
he then walks of to the kitchen and starts baking the tart and cooking the breakfast for the argonian

18Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity watched the Dwarf walk into the kitchens before looking at Sahale who had cocked his head to look at her before screeching.
"You are right, i should go see if he truly does know who i am." she said quietly to Sahale.
After finishing her meal Trinity held her arm out so Sahale could perch himself there.
Walking into the kitchen holding the dishes she had used and placed them onto the counter and going up to the Dwarf.
"And who do you think I am Mister Dwarf?" she asked, rudeness seeping into her tone.

19Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:50 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles walked around reading the scroll [ by the decreed of lord Byron Vaukhorn the 2nd lord of castle Blackrock a bounty of 500 gold pieces will be rewarded for the capture of the thief Trinity Mewtin for theft of a royal jewel if found please report to a royal guard for help capturing her alive ] Charles stared at trinity as she entered he handed the scroll to her "i believe they are looking for ye miss but I know they be lying that ye stole something" he looked at her inquisitively "but it cant be for that miss but I must know why before I can help ye"

20Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity looked at the Dwarf, then to bounty then back to the Dwarf.
"I don't know what you are talking about Mister Dwarf. This is not me at all. Why would i want to steal a jewel from our beloved king. I have only been traveling in the near by forest training Sahale." At the sound of his name Sahale flew from Trinity shoulder to land on a nearby chunk of meat and starts tearing into it.

21Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:15 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

charles looks at trinity and frowns slightly "so ye not the nobel women from the leafborn clan whos son married a lady who bore a child named trinity but deserted her family ooh I know who ye are my family have the gift of undeseption we see the truth" Charles looked at the bird " ooh great that's my last leg of venison ahh great "

22Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity stepped back in fright for he was able to name her, as well as her family and heratage without knowing her at all. Turning to look at Sahale as he tore at the meat savagely. While the Dwarf was distracted Trinity makes her way towards the kitchen door as fast as she could. At the door she let out a high pitched whistle and Sahale unwillingly left his meat and flew to land on her shoulder.
Hurring out of the kitchen door almost at a run Trinity trip on a raised floor bored and fell to her knees. Her heavy hood falling, uncovering her face. Her Golden blond hair falling out over her shoulders and into her vision.

23Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:44 pm

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles walked out and helping her up and noticed her ears and hair "its no use running when I offer ye help miss" he leads her back in the kitchen "look I want to help you" he pulls up a chair and looks at her and looks at her " now are you going to tell me what is going on "

24Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Trinity lets the Dwarf help her up, knowing there was no other way. Taking the seat he offered she looked at him, fear clearly in her eyes.
"I,I,I" she stuttered. stopping she looked down at her hands.
"The guard that was in earlier is, is trying to force m,me to marry him, My father agrees and i have no choice in it. If i don't he will k,kill me." She continued to look at her hand upset with herself for being so emotional.

25Untaimed lands Empty Re: Untaimed lands Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:09 am

matt.ingram86

matt.ingram86

Charles nodded as he looked at her face there was no lie in her eyes this was the truth and he knew that if the guard returned they could find her "well then I might have a way ye can help me after all I know elf kind are fantastic archers and it just so happens I need a new hunter my last one got careless and got on the wrong side of a boars tusk "he stands up and brushing past huge sacks of potatos and flour as walks over to a cuboard that was locked. Charles pulls out a key from his pocket and unlocks the cuboard and pulls out a long bow made of black willow and a gold emblem of an eagle " this was his bow and his quiver hangs behind you ive also got some hunter clothing in a chest in the upstairs room marked with a red rose that was ashaya's room you may use that room as your own and you can pay for it the same way she did by hunting meat and hide for my inn and any herbs or vegetables as well im also looking for a rare herb for my new mead called cats fang thistle its dark blue with red thistle thorns and doesn't milk out the bottem " he smiles at her now as for your look im sure the alchemist can make hair dye and a cloaking potion to give you a illusion or you may try Herbert the blue who can give u a scroll of illusion magic "

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum