The Wolfs Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Wolfs Den

A Place to Roleplay

Welcome to The Wolfs Den, a place where people can Role-play freely

The Role-Play Untaimed lands Has started Please feel free to join and create with us.

The last Stand Role-play sign ups are now avalible

The Sign ups are now available for The Fight For Survival

The Sign ups for superhero/supervillans is now open
Latest topics
» Untaimed lands
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:59 pm by Beckywolf

» hey all untamed lands sign ups
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 pm by matt.ingram86

» Got a Joke?
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:28 pm by matt.ingram86

» Let the war Begin
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:30 pm by Beckywolf

» Riddle me Crazy
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 11:21 am by Beckywolf

» The Checkered Feathers
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 am by Beckywolf

» Tips to create a Character
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:59 am by Beckywolf

» Tips on How to post in a Role-play
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:36 am by Beckywolf

» How to create a Role Play...
The Checkered Feathers  EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:15 am by Beckywolf

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Checkered Feathers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Checkered Feathers  Empty The Checkered Feathers Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:03 am

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

The Dawn of a new Feather
Book One of: The Checkered Feathers

Prologue – A legend takes flight

The forest was silent, but on this particular night, the silence was unnatural. So unnatural that the slight glow of the moon was scarcely visible beneath the trees. No creature moved, no leaf or plant made a noise as if they were hiding. Suddenly the silence was broken when a hunched figure tripped on an exposed root, almost dropping the bundle held in his arms. After the figure had regained its balance, it stayed very still, as if waiting for something to pounce. After looking around one last time, the figure continued on his way, using its free arm to push the low hanging branches aside. The figure soon came to a large clearing with a large lake in the center, a large buck stood lapping up the fresh water, while several hares scurried back to their burrows. The figure took a step into the clearing as the buck raised his head to look at it. The figure froze as the sullen hoot of an owl broke the eerie silence. The figure looked up to where the sound came from, but seen nothing. Looking back at the lake the figure seen a man where the buck was standing. The man’s cool blue eyes stared at the figure before edging closer.
“Why have you come” the man said in his cool metallic voice. The figure edged forward before answering.
“I have come seeking refuge” the figure said in a deep and pained voice. The man shimmered in the moonlight as if he were a ghost or spirit.
“Who is asking and why” the man asked again. The hunched figure gulped, not knowing what to say.
“The time of the prophecy has begun. The children have been born.” He said after a pause. The shimmering man stopped.
“What do you carry?” the man asked pointing to the bundle.
The hunched man looked down at the bundle before carefully unwrapping it, revealing a naked child with its thumb in its mouth. The man’s form shimmered again, but into the shape of the buck that was by the lake. The buck reared before coming closer, small puffs of steam coming from his nostrils.
“You dare bring the child here.” The voice continued as it went closer to the hunched man.
“The child has the golden mark, it needs to be protected.” The hunched man gulped as he lifted the child to show the buck the mark of the golden wing on the child’s back.
“The queen knows the child is still alive, she has already slaughtered the child’s family. I didn’t know where else the child would be safe.” The buck shimmer back into the form of the man, his eyes on the child, before looking to the Hunched man.
“The child won’t be safe here forever, always Goldwing will be in danger of darkwing. Never will the child be safe.”
“But the prophecy has to have the chance to form, Darkwing is the same age as Goldwing, always the chance the child will be able to gain the strength to put it to use.”
The shimmering man sighed and looked back into the clearing when a young woman walked out. Her eyes as blue as his.
“I will take the child to a family nearby. They owe me a favor father. The Goldwing can be hidden until the child hits ten name days.” The woman took the child from the hunched man’s grasp rewrapping the child into the blankets.
“One day the child won’t be under our protection and from there needs to find its own way.” The man said before sending the hunched man on his way. He looked down at the child in his daughters arms.
“Are you shore about this my child. Were are not meant to have any part in the prophecy’s.” His daughter smiled before saying in her musical voice “Father if we don’t the queen with kill the child before she has the chance to fore fill it.”

Last edited by Beckywolf on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total

https://thewolfsden.rpg-board.net

2The Checkered Feathers  Empty Re: The Checkered Feathers Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:08 am

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Chapter Two: The Arena of Flames

Ten Years Later...

Charles Ironmaul stood behind an old wooden bar of the rusty anvil, cleaning tankards. He was a short plump dwarf with a long face which had burn scars covering the left side. His dull gray eyes looked up as an old man and his son came in for breakfast
“Good evening Charles, Just the usual for me and John thanks” The old man said as he walked over to their usual table near the heath. Charles nodded his greeting and wrote the order on a piece of parchment, then passing it to the cook.
Looking up as the tavern door opened Charles watched as a tall man wearing a long black cloak with the hood down. The man came and sat at the bar and smiled up at Charles.
“Can I help you Riley my friend.”
“Just some water please Charles, I have not seen you for a few moons, any news?” He asked as he lit up a cigar.  
“Not much really. The curse seems to be getting worse, another three of my chickens just dropped dead yesterday.” He said as he gave the water to Riley. He then looked up towards the door as a loud crack of thunder rumbled the tavern.
“Charles you are an old fool you problem just overfed them again, there is no curse, you know they are only rumors. There has been no sign that the prophecy has begun. The only bad thing has happened in the last ten years that we know off is that lord Nathanial Renold and his whole family were whipped out. No one knows why but the queen seems really intent on finding the child that was born on that same day.”
“I still think it’s a curse.” Charles muttered as another clap of thunder shook the walls as a tall clocked figure walked in, leaving the floor wet as he walked over and placed his hands on the bar.
“A pint of mead and some cheese please” the man said in a forerun voice. Charles looked him over and seen a snake marking coiled around his wrist.
“I don’t serve the likes of you here, I must kindly ask you to leave” Charles said standing up strait. The man looked him over before repeating.
“A pint of mead and some cheese please” He then lit up a pipe as he placed three gold coins on the bar. Charles looked around as every face in the tavern turned to watch.
“Do I have to call in the town guard? I have already informed you that we do not serve your kind here.” The man pulled a small throwing knife out of his boot.
“A pint of mead and some cheese please” he repeated yet again. Charles was starting to get aggravated. “I have told you I am not serving you. Leave now or ill call the town guard.” The man sighed as he picked the knife up again and threw it, just missing Charles good ear. Charles eyes opened wide as he looked at the knife.
“A pint of mead and some cheese please or do I have to keep asking all night. It is wet out there and I will not leave without food.” Charles looked at him, still in shock from the speed of the knife.
“Bbbut I have told you, I do not serve your kind here.” The distant howl of a wolf startled everyone in the tavern while everyone focused on the man. Charles was stubborn and was not going to serve this man, even with the warm wet feeling running down his breaches. The man stared at Charles though the darkness of his hood before he stood up. Walking behind the bar the man looked Charles over, noticing the wetness of his breaches he smiled. Pulling his dagger from the wall he said.
“I will be back, and you will regret not serving me.” After he picked the coins back off the bar he walked out into the thundering storm.

The cool breeze sent a shiver though the man as he stepped into the rain. Mumbling to himself, he walked into the center of the town where the large black ash tree stood, towering above everything near. He looked back at the Rusty Anvil taven, then over to the small chapel where several people were praying to the Angel of Light for the storm to pass. Next to the chapel stood a small butchers and a bakery, now that he sun was hidden both of them were closed. He shivered as the rain pelted down on him, like the Angel was punishing him for a sin that he did not mean to commit. Pulling his sleeve up he looked down at the coiled snake, cursing himself and his family.
He walked over to the edge of town where he seen a small clump of trees he could shelter under. For awhile he looked towards the havens at the twinkling stars in the darkness before he knew it he started to drift off into a very uneasy sleep. His dreams haunted him, the fire, the snow, the death always the death. His dreams drifted, he was walking down a forest road, all he could hear was the crunching of twigs and leaves under his boots.  He looked behind him to where a group of men followed him, all hidden beneath large heavy cloaks. All of them had the same mark as he did the coiled black snake. As they walked down the forest road two small children came running out screaming in laughter, they stopped to watch the group as they walked closer. As the man turned to the others to see what he should do one man said “step aside Darami” before they threw two throwing knifes at the children.

Darami woke suddenly as the sound of hurrying footsteps went rushing past him. He looked up from under his hood to see a young child running towards the town. But before the child got there an over large man, stepped in front of the child.
“No one goes though our bags and gets away with it and no one will save you out here.”
He grabbed her arm tightly as four other men came running up from behind. The young girl started to sob as they started to drag her back the way she had come.
Darami slowly stood up picking his bags up at the same time. Silently he followed them.
The men took her to a small secluded clearing where another four men stood waiting. The tallest of the nine, looked to be the leader, as he sat proudly on a delicate looking high back chair resembling a throne with a large venison leg in his hand.
“You got her I see” He said in a gruff angry voice. The small man next to him looked the small girl over as she kicked and screamed in the other mans grip. He had a slight manic grin in the glowing embers of the nearby fire.
“What shall we do Ṽðs-maðr, shall we rip her hand off? Kill her or ravage her” he laughed psychotically in a shallow squeaky voice as he turned to Ṽðs-maðr beside him. Goth’mar beckoned his men to bring her closer into the fire light. He grabbed her arm tightly as she bit at his fat hand. Then restraining her from moving he slowly started to tear her already torn dress.
“Let us make her into a Ẃảrừmả” he said smiling wickedly as the others started howling and growling wildly.
“Ṽðs-maðr, Ṽðs-maðr, Ṽðs-maðr,” Sounded a large cheer.
Before he knew it Darami stepped out of hiding.
“That is an unlawful thing to do. She is only a young girl under the age of ten by the look of her.” His hand had silently moved to where his throwing dagger rested on his thigh.
“How dear you just saunter into my camp like that and question my authority, and in front of my men, and most of all during my, bedding ceremony.” He growled as he ripped the young girls clothing more, revealing most of her small innocent body. Darami could see the fearfulness clearly in the little girl’s body language as she tried to struggle free. He stepped closer to the group of men, watching as they cracked their knuckles.
“He looks like and easy fight, bring me his manhood... If he has one and the one who brings it to me gets our little Ẃảrừmả next” Their Ṽðs-maðr’s laughter echoed off the surrounding trees where a silent creature sat on its hunches waiting for a signal. The barbarians charged towards Damai, their swords drawn and ready.
Damari’s first thought was about his defenses, dodging the blows as best as he could.  

Darami easily ducked under the first swing unbalancing the first man as he reached under his cloak pulling out metal gauntlet before swinging an uppercut at the second man shattering his jawbone with a spray of blood and a few flying teeth. As Darami stepped to one side dodging yet another hurried blow which then connected with the first man behind him, Darami then lands a crushing blow on the third mans forehead, crushing the skull beneath him sending bone fragments and blood soaring though the night sky.
“This one is a slippery one boys don’t let your guard down!” Their Ṽðs-maðr Roared, as he watched his men get slaughtered. A forth man pulled out a crude looking cross bow, notching a bolt before letting it loose. The bolt struck Darami in the waist just below his ribs, as Darami went down a fifth man came charging to get him while he was down. Darami leapt back to his feet unexpectedly with a leaping thrusting punch to the man’s lower abdomen.
“He is not human!!” The small man next to Ṽðs-maðr screeched loudly.
Darami suddenly pulled his throwing knife from his thigh sheath, throwing it with unnatural speed hitting the crossbow man in the kneecap.
“Dam I missed” Darami said slyly. Goth’mar roared loudly as he though the venison bone to the ground behind him, pushing the girl into a pile of filth as he stood up.
“ENOUGH!!!!’ he bellowed kicking the embers of the fire as he picked up a large maul and ordered for the beacons to be lit. The remaining men stated howling as they pick up torches and started to light bowls of oil and wood below the tree line. Darami watched as a fierce orange glow lit up the surrounding clearing resembling an arena, looking towards Goth’mar, Darami took a step back.
Goth’mar towed above everyone in the arena with one missing eye and one dark eye. Taking a thundering step forward it felt like the earth beneath Darami shook, he took another step back trying to keep his distance.
“I like to fight a named opponent so I can roar my victory to the world!”
“I agree, I must have something to carve into your tree. The host always announces himself first.” Darami grinned hiding his eyes beneath his hood.
“We must preserve the old ways, I Be Goth’mar the Vulgar, leader of the Bloðorn Clan” He yelled savagely as the remaining men roared. Darami smiled and bowed low in respect.
“I am Darami, Son of Doridan Therould.” He announced as he removed his hood. His dark forest green eyes stared up at Goth’mar; a small scar crossed his left cheek just below his eye, where a small strand of his dirty black tangled hair had fallen.
“I am also a highly trained member of the Elite Black Asp” he said as he pulled his sleeve up showing the coiled snake around his wrist. Goth’mar smiled as he summoned the small man to bring him a blood solid bag. Taking the bag Goth’mar pulled out an arm with the similar coiled snake on the wrist.
“I have killed several of your kind before” he grinned.
“I am not like those other fools; I know what I am doing”
“We shall see, we shall see, Welcome my little pest, to THE ARENA OF FLAMES!” Lifting the maul above his head Goth’mar began his charge swinging the maul down at Darami, as the men started to cheer loudly.
Darami dropped sluggishly to the ground rolling out of the way as the maul hit the air where he was just standing. The maul thundered as it hit the dirt spraying a dirt cloud into the darkness. Using the dirt to his advantage Darami rolled into a crouch and drew his long sword from its sheath, thrusting the sword swiftly towards Goth’mar just missing his overly large stomach as steps to the side. Damari ducked to the side just missing yet another massive blow from the maul with yet another dust cloud. Damari got in close drawing his dagger with his other hand he slashed at Goth’mar’s chest drawing the first blood. Goth’mar roared as blood trickled down his chest, swinging his fist so fast that his fist connected with Damari’s jaw shattering the jawbone in three places as the knucks of this giant beast split the skin on the cheek of Damari, knocking him out for a few seconds, as he hit the ground. Goth’mar smiled as he grabbed hold of the crossbow bolt in Damai’s thigh and yanked it out. Damai slowly got up losing a lot of blood as he did. Gath’mar swung his maul, Damai only just managed to step backwards out of the way, tripping on a nearby rock and hitting his head hard on the ground dazing him.
Goth’mar smiled turning his back to Damari thinking he had won.  
Damari clicked his right fingers loudly as Goth’mar turned to look at him confused.
“What good would clicking your fing….” He trailed of as a fast pitch black figure ran across the arena, its paw knocking Damari’s sword back into hands reach then grabbing the maul, snapping it in half before disappearing into the darkness again.
“What is this witch craft” He bellowed as he threw his broken maul to the ground. As Goth’mar turned his attention to finding the black figure Damari sprung up with his sword, slashing the back of Goth’mar’s legs, bringing the large barbarian to his knees. Grunting Goth’mar sat back on his legs trying to stop the bleeding with his body weight. Damari stands up strait, then walked up behind Goth’mar.
“Please Damari, Make it clean” Goth’mar pleaded. Damari held his sword to the base of Goth’mar’s neck then applies pressers with his arms on the butt of the hilt, the blade sliding down his spine to his heart.
“You fought well my friend, may the angels sing of the battle of flames!” Damari whispers in his ear as the last spark of life left Goth’mar’s body.

Last edited by Beckywolf on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total

3The Checkered Feathers  Empty Re: The Checkered Feathers Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 am

Beckywolf

Beckywolf
Admin
Admin

Chapter Three: The Rusty Anvil

Damari suddenly felt feint; it felt as if his life was slowly slipping away like the blood seeping out of his cheek and crossbow wound. As he fell to his knees he didn’t even realize the clearing was empty, apart from the young girl who was slowly crawling towards him, holding the remnants of her torn dress around her covering her innocent body. His vision started to blur as the adrenalin that had kept him going during the fight slowly diminished into fatigue as his last strength failed him as he finally hit the dirt with a shallow thud, his world going dark.
When Damari came too, the sun was shining harshly in his eyes, as he sat up slowly; the pain in his head was so agonizing he fell back into the dirt.
Hearing that he was awake the little girl cautious came over still trying to cover her body in the torn dress.
Damari looked at her, fear shone in those beautiful bright blue eyes as she watched him.
“Tthank yyou ffor ssaving me” She looked down at her muddy feet and looked back at the body of Goth’mar behind her, edging forward a bit more
“Its ok child they cannot hurt you any more, where did the others go?” Damari groaned as another surge of pain hit him.
“Tthey rran as ssoon as hhe,’ pausing she looked back at the body which said it all. Damari smiled painfully.
“You bandaged me up?” he asked painfully as he looked over the wounds on his body. The little girl nodded and came closer, a little less frightened as before.
“As best aas I kknew how tto do. My Puppa was trained by the elves; he used to help people in a small town not too far away.” She looked at him sadly as if something troubled her about her Puppa.
Damari looked at her closely and worked his way onto his knees.
“We need to get to the town. Will you come with me? I will find somewhere safe for you” He said groaning loudly as the pain hit him harder than before.
The little girl nodded and helped him up as best as she could.
“Here” Damari said as he slid his large jacket off slowly, trying not to strain himself any further, and placed it over the little girl’s body.
“It’s a bit big but it will keep you warm” He smiled painfully and started to walk back towards the town.
The little girl waited a few steps before picking up Damari’s bag and running after him.
“What is your name child?” He asked her as he concentrated on staying upright.
“Juramia, my mumma named me after her mumma” she said proudly.
“My mumma’s mumma fought secretly as a man in King Bryce the Second’s Amy.” Damari was glad for the distraction as Juramia told him about her grandmother’s battles, as they came into view of the town he told Juramia to run ahead and get some help from the farmers selling their vegetables and livestock in the town.
When she came back she was followed by two large farmers who were talking causally between themselves. Damari’s face was covered in sweat as he struggled towards the town, his head pulsing dramatically with every step, each step getting harder and harder to take. The next thing he knew he was falling; his world went black as his head hit the ground with a horrifying thud.

Damari opened his eyes and looked around slowly, the room was small but spacey, the bed he lay on was crude but somehow comfy, and a dull glow came from the small heath situated to the right side of the bed letting off a little warmth. Over in the corner curled up in a crude chair Juramia snored quietly still wrapped up in Damari’s big warm cloak. Damari continued to look around the room, he seen a door slightly ajar off to the left and a cloak rack next to it. Over in one corner sat a chamber pot which looked as though it had been recently cleaned. Sitting up slowly he looked down at his wounds which now had a better bandages as well as stitches. Swinging his legs over the side of the bed he started to feel light headed and decided it wasn’t the best thing to do and lay down again. The door was pushed open as Charles walked in, looking his usual grumpy self. He was carrying some more logs in for the fire and didn’t even notice Damari was awake. Charles turned to look at Juramia as she slept on the chair.
“Stupid kid, always sneaking out of her room,” he muttered to himself.
“What day is it?” Damari whispered, like he hadn’t used his voice for a while. Charles turned to him muttering something under his breath.
“Now then the baby who calls himself a fighter, no dwarf would ever get that hurt in a fight, only a fool would do something like that, BAHAHA”  He roared in laughter as he placed the logs in the heath, poking at them, bringing the fire to a raging glow. Warmth filled the small room quickly. “You have been out for two weeks, the bill will be waiting at the bar when you leave.” He grunted and walked out of the room saying no more then he needed to. Damari though over what Charles had said asking himself if it had really been two weeks since the fight.
After a few moments of pondering the physician walked in to check on his wounds, to see if they had been healing well enough.
“My name is Benedict; I am the physician who has been monitoring you for the past two weeks.” Damari looked at the small skinny man as he took the bandages off his head.
“Your head wound has healed well, it will leave a scar but other than that it has healed.” He smiled as he looked at the crossbow bolt wound.
“You did a lost a lot of blood from your wounds. That is why you fainted, you will be light headed for a few days”
The physician was right, he did feel quite light headed
Juramia had woken up and was watching what was happening from the chair she had fallen asleep in. when the physician left Juramia came over and sat on the edge of the bed.
“Are you still sore?” She asked curiously.
“I am but it will pass,’ He answered with a smile. ‘How old are you anyway Juramia?” He asked looking her over. Her long golden brown hair draped over her shoulders as she smiled. Under his cloak he noticed she wore a new light blue dress with dark blue trimming.
“I have seen ten harvests” she smiled “Could we go down and get something to eat?” she asked as her stomach rumbled quietly. Damari smiled back and slowly swung his legs over the side of the bed again, slower than the last time he tried. He drinks the cup with the milky substance in it which had been left on the small table beside him, he drank it slowly with a repulsive look upon his face, and then he follows it up with the glass of whiskey left by Benedict as he shuttered.
“Ah that’s better,’ he smacked his lips together as he looked up at Juramia ‘ok then let’s see how that bearded stump can cook” Juramia sprung up as he struggled to arise and she handed his coat to him as he smiled at her.
“I’ve got a three gold limit each on a meal; five gold on the drinks you can chose what pleases you.” He announced as he pulled his coin purse from his bags.
Struggling down into the drinking hall, Damari had to catch his balance at the base of the crude stairs.  
Damari lent down on the bar to catch his breath as he looked up at Charles, smiling.
“A pint of mead and some cheese if you please,’ he looked down at Juramia and asked ‘and what would the young lady want?”
“Make it two pints” she said looking up at him. Damari smiled at her then looked back up at Charles, the memorable frustrated look upon his face.
“Make that two pints of mead and some cheese please.” Making his way over to the secluded table near the heath in the drinking hall Damari sat down relaxing into the chair. Charles waddled over almost spilling the mead with each step. Charles frustratingly places the two pints on the table while gearing at Damari. Smiling Damari placed four gold pieces on the table, pushing them towards Charles. Charles’s eyes widened slightly taking the gold in hand.
“I don’t usaly serve your kind here,’ he grumbled ‘and I only have the elder cheese will that do?” Charles asked his mood slightly happier.
“What does elder cheese taste like?” Juramia inquired taking a sip of mead from her pint.
“It’s the dammed cheese you complained about last night.” He said slightly irritated again.
“Ewwwwww chamber pot cheese, I don’t like that cheese,” Juramia said repulsively, screwing her face up in a snarl.
“Why ye little git, ye need to learn some manners,” Charles snarled at her.
“Let us not have a repeat from last time please Charles. I wish to eat this time and not being thrown out like chamber pot waste.”
“I’ll just bring you the menu.” Charles snarled as he stormed off.  

When Charles got back to the table, menu in hand, he passing it to Damari and waiting for the order.
Damari takes the menu and looks at it closely.
“Let’s see what this stump can cook. We have pork pot pie, elder cheese scrolls, Hung roasted rabbet… must I ask what that is?” he asked looking up at Charles who was gearing furiously at him.
“Well it be a skinned rabbit that has been hung in a smoky room for three days.” Charles answered irritation clearly heard in his voice.
“And what in the sun’s name is the Squashed duck?” Damari asked looking oddly at Charles.
“It be a duck that got on the wrong side of me bull out back. Ye got a problem with that.” Charles answered annoyed that they were making mockery about his menu.
“Sounds ah… divine,’ Damari said sarcastically, ‘and Ferret Allacart what be the origin of that meal?” Damari inquired as he continued to look at the menu.
“Well fortunately for me, me friend Alla, who owns the dung moving cart, ran it over just last night and asked if me would like it, mind you I am surprised that everyone I have explained it to tonight wont order it, I wonder why.” Damari starred at Charles wide-eyed before continuing with the menu.
“Yes… Wonder why. Changing the subject from the Ferret allacart lets see what else is on this very intriguing menu. Hmmmm the Leg of Venison sounds good. I might go for tha…”
“Ye can’t have that, me Venison hunter hasn’t been out since his last load was stolen by an over sized barbarian. Mind ye there have been rumors that he is now dead. Some idiot and a little girl had part of it.” Charles looked around at the bar making sure no one was waiting for him.
“Ok then what else do we have, braised Horse with black carrots and black cabbage, chicken pot pie with goat beans and chicken pellet crumble and Potato soup, sounds interesting. I might have to go for the Hung roasted rabbet. What will you have young lady?” he asked turning to Juramia.
“Umm defiantly not the Elder cheese scrolls or the stewed chicken stuffed with onions and elder cheese, and most defiantly not the Squashed duck or Ferret allacart. I might just go for the Potato soup. My puppa used to make that all the time.” Damari looked at her and smiled.
“That will do us thank you Charles” he placed three more pieces of gold out on the table and eased back into his chair.

Charles walked up to the bar and was about to go around into the kitchen when the taverns large doors opened as a tall man walked in.
“Charles my old friend, any more of those chickens of yours die while I was gone?” he asked still standing in the door way.
“Only one my good old friend, what brings you into my tavern tonight?” Charles answered from behind the bar.
“Well… It’s funny you should ask, I was walking through the woods just outside of town when I came upon a clearing with a corps mostly eaten by the wildlife and found this. It’s a beautiful piece of steal here, it’s a wonder someone would just leave it around like that.”
He said pulling up a red rusted long sword without a sheath, the blood rubies glittering slightly in the light from the windows. Damari looked up from the corner when the man showed the sword.
“That sword belongs to me’ Damari said standing up slowly leaning down onto the table. ‘I lost it when I was gravely wounded in battle with that corps you were talking about. The man with the sword walked over to him, glancing at the snake on his arm.
“You’re the man who Charles wanted nothing to do with, two weeks ago right?” He asked him as he stopped just in front of Damari. Watching the man carefully Damari sat heavily back into his chair.
“I might be, what’s it to you?” Damari answered. The other man smiled and took the seat across from Damari, as he pulled a cigar out of this cloak.
“I am Riley O’Highly, a ranger of the old king’s army. Since gone rouge after this so called queen took the throne. She is poisoning the land greatly roomer say. Mind you there is a bounty on your head, a pretty big one too.” Riley smiled slyly and placed the sword up on the table.
“How much of a bounty is there and who placed it?” Damari asked wondering how much he knew.
“Ohhh, about fifty gold pieces, and the person who placed it on your head just happens to be the leader of the Elite Black Asp’s.” Damari looked at Riley not saying a word as Charles brought over their meals. Charles looked at the three of them wondering what they had just been talking about. Juramia sat playing with her hair and not paying attention to the other two who were stairing into each other’s eyes.
“Yea and what is it to you? I don’t care who put the bounty on my head they won’t find me, they never will I have a few tricks in my cloak to keep hidden.” Damari said not taking his eyes off Riley.
“Yay my potato soup is here” Juramia said before she started to dig into it with her spoon.  Riley just smiled and stood up.
“It means completely nothing to me actually, please take your sword back, it need a bit of a clean though and sharpening.” Riley said as he left the table heading for the tavern door.
Charles watched him go before shrugging and going back to the bar where someone waited for a drink.
Damari watched as Riley left the tavern before turning his attention to his dinner, a bleak look on his face. On his pate sat a bowl of yellowish broth with what looked like a piece of rope hanging over the edge. Pulling at the rope Damari found a scrawny looking rabbet with the rope tied around its neck in a noose like fashion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum